• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tom's Ts

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice pics Tom..gotta get me one of those O phillippinus ! And every Pampho in the hobby, of course..more pics! How bout those purple Phormictipus?:D Been watching your YouTube care videos as well, keep it up brother, excellent!

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice pics Tom..gotta get me one of those O phillippinus ! And every Pampho in the hobby, of course..more pics! How bout those purple Phormictipus?:D Been watching your YouTube care videos as well, keep it up brother, excellent!

Thank you! Yes, you definitely should check out the O. philippinus; this is easily one of my favorite tarantulas. They are just so unique-looking. And, I LOVE my purples; there's just nothing like a big purple spider! Phormictopus is one of my favorite genera, and I've been trying to collect all the species available. This hobby is so darned addictive. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you! Yes, you definitely should check out the O. philippinus; this is easily one of my favorite tarantulas. They are just so unique-looking. And, I LOVE my purples; there's just nothing like a big purple spider! Phormictopus is one of my favorite genera, and I've been trying to collect all the species available. This hobby is so darned addictive. :)
Watching your video got me wanting those P. purples...now I have a Pampho jones and a Phormictopus addiction as well, lol

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Watching your video got me wanting those P. purples...now I have a Pampho jones and a Phormictopus addiction as well, lol

Sweet! Phormictopus are very similar to pamphos...the feeding responses and growth rates of both is so impressive.

Man, I would have so many more pamphos if I had more room...that's the only thing that's stopping me. lol

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Really nice collection. I wish you'd tell me how to get photos like that on my nokia phone haha seriously, the photos are awesome.

Ha! Thanks so much! When I upgraded my phone, I actually picked up the Nokia 1520 because the camera was supposed to be good. I'm never going to win any photography awards, but it takes pretty good pics for a phone. :)

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I found my Lumia 920 takes some pretty decent photos. But still for phone photos they really do look good! Never say never haha!!

Ha...thanks! The 920 was the one I had before this (I think all of the first pics are from my 920). After seeing the pics that one took, I decided to keep with the Nokias. I know a real digital camera would probably be better, but it's just so convenient for me to catch these guys out and about because I always have my phone on me!

kaz

3 Year Member
well for convenience and quality it certainly does the job!! I get to upgrade my phone soon and am stuck weather to keep with Nokia. There's things I really like about the phone but things that equally suck. Like windows apps for one.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
well for convenience and quality it certainly does the job!! I get to upgrade my phone soon and am stuck weather to keep with Nokia. There's things I really like about the phone but things that equally suck. Like windows apps for one.

Yeah, the apps are definitely an issue. And, of course, I get made fun of by all of my iPhone-wielding friends whenever I whip out my giant Nokia "phablet". Hahaha. For me, I'm just a creature of habit and I like the interface. And really, I mostly use it for texting and taking spider pics, and it works pretty well for that. :)

kaz

3 Year Member
haha that made me chuckle, I can totally relate. Used to have Samsung but they always lag or freeze the Lumia can be laughed at but certainly more reliable I find!
Hope to see more photos soon ; )

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow, amazing collection! :T: I just got to take a peek of your thread and I've got to say, they're pretty decent photos. LOL. :D

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
An LP is readily available to me locally but I really haven't gotten around to researching about them due to lack of coloration. But your photo got me thinking hhmmmnnn. :D ;) :T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
An LP is readily available to me locally but I really haven't gotten around to researching about them due to lack of coloration. But your photo got me thinking hhmmmnnn. :D ;) :T:

Go get one. They're great Ts and more colourful than people think

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As I am also eyeing an A. metallica :)

Just cautious as there can be Sudden Avic Death Syndrome aka SADS. And I am not that experience yet with Ts.

Latest posts