• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The waiting is over

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ordered my new E. sp Red and H. maculata a week ago today, they left Poland yesterday so I'm hoping they'll be here tomorrow but my patience is wearing very thin.

Containers have been ready for days.

They are beautiful spiders, but they kinda scare me. A bit like Centipedes: I love looking at them.... from a safe distance. Doesn't help that the majority of google results when typing "H. Maculata" come up with "Bite", lol.
Looking forward to photos, providing you survive the unpacking........only kidding,;)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 Suppose, as they say in the Army it's all about the 6 Ps "Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance", lol.
Have you also got an L. Violaceopes or was that someone else? I'm still hoping against hope my little Pokie pulls through (he seems livelier in ICU), but just in case he doesn't I don't want to get another P.Met ( :( ), but have an empty arboreal tub.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Fuzzball79 No, I don't have an L. violaceopes, maybe you're confusing that with the 2 T violaceus I got recently. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for your little P. met. Why not go for an O. diamantinensis or I. hirsutum? They are both arboreal, both great webbers but don't hide away and both are placid, at least mine are. Good feeders too.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 : Ah, must be that, names are too similar, lol. I was looking at the I. Hirsutum as yours is simply gorgeous. I'm also considering Avics, decision would be between A. Diversipes and A. Braunshauseni. Anyway, while the wee guy (or girl) is still with us, his tub is reserved for him.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Fuzzball79 The I. hirsutum is adorable. It's built a hammock at the very top of its container, attached at one side to the lid. If I'm feeding or watering I open the opposite side to where it lies but if I want a photo I can open side where it is and take as many pics as I want and it never budges. I still haven't cleaned the G. roseas viv out yet, it didn't seem right although I think I'll put my P. irminia in it soon, she's 3" now and getting a bit big for the container she's in.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well the postman has been and they've not arrived so |I'm hoping now that the Royal mail van is running late otherwise I will be tearing my hair out by tomorrow lunchtime.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no! I hate it when that happens (our sorting office isn't the most reliable neither and 2 of mine were 2 days late last year during a cold period). All that excitement building up and then the disappointment when the parcel doesn't come. Fingers crossed they'll still arrive today.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I don't think they'll come now. The postie comes to the village with the van and goes back to the depot in it so there is usually only about an hour between them delivering and it's well over that now. Funny thing is I was expecting a few things today including some new T containers and the only thing that came was one I hadn't expected until tomorrow.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The postie has been and still no Ts although the other parcels have come. All I can hope now is that he finds them in the bottom of his bag and drops them in on his way back or that they arrive on the van.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The postie has been and still no Ts although the other parcels have come. All I can hope now is that he finds them in the bottom of his bag and drops them in on his way back or that they arrive on the van.
I don't know how it works for international postage, but could you get a hold of a tracking number? That way you'd at least know, where they're at.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I don't know how it works for international postage, but could you get a hold of a tracking number? That way you'd at least know, where they're at.

They sent me the tracking number and it tracked them through Poland but once the Royal Mail get them they are not tracked, only on delivery.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They sent me the tracking number and it tracked them through Poland but once the Royal Mail get them they are not tracked, only on delivery.
Ah, that's a shame. You would think 1 day late is acceptable, but not 2 (mind you, that's what happened with my parcel last year and that was from the UK). What happened was that our postman was off for 2 days (probably sick) and although it states in their own T&Cs, they have to arrange alternative delivery for special/next day delivery, they never did so. I complained but they just started the blame game (it's the sender, it's the main sorting office, it's the local office), so I never followed up.
Well, again, fingers crossed for tomorrow (and that the H. Mac is not too angry, lol).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym Lol, especially after 4 days shipping. It's only diddy - 2nd or 3rd instar.

Latest posts