• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Tarantulas Keepers Record

smudger

3 Year Member
Hi all,
I have been trying to find a good way of keeping a record of my tarantulas growth and feeding but all I have found is "The Tarantulas Keepers Record" but for some reason it wont install on my Windows 10 PC.
When I run the installer I get asked to install .NET FRAMEWORK which Windows 10 already has the latest version of this.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
I'm just not very good with excel or I would do it my self.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I just created my own excel spreadsheet with the information I need. It is mostly feeding records that I like to keep track of because of moulting and whatnot. I prefer to make my own, personally. I just use a legend of what I put in the boxes - R for rehouse, M for moult, X for food accepted, etc.

Thistles

3 Year Member
I have a database on Access that I made myself. I track Species, Sex, Last Molt Date, Date Acquired, Source, Purchase Price and then a field for Comments, like pairing and sac dates etc.

I recommend Access over Excel, personally, but I've used Excel in the past and it does the job.

Last edited:

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
All great ideas. I went old school with a large black binder and files. Pic of actual T and purchase date, molt dates, rehousing and important info written of each. I don't need to "track" feelings because I feed the same time all the time anyway.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all,
I have been trying to find a good way of keeping a record of my tarantulas growth and feeding but all I have found is "The Tarantulas Keepers Record" but for some reason it wont install on my Windows 10 PC.
When I run the installer I get asked to install .NET FRAMEWORK which Windows 10 already has the latest version of this.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
I'm just not very good with excel or I would do it my self.
Just tried it on my laptop with Windows 10. It installs, then gives an error about the .net framework can't access the program files folder when you open the program. just click Continue and it seems to run fine.

Scratch that, it won't add a new Tarantula, same error. I'll tinker with it some and see if i can get it to work.

Run it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and check the box to run as administrator. I'm able to add my T's and run the reports just fine now.

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll have to check that one out. Is that the one on Paul's website? petcenter.info?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That app is sweet!! i like having something like this in hand i can refer too. better than that program i just installed. I'll use that as well for easy reference on my laptop though.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So i'm doing both the phone app and the keeper's record on this laptop. That way i should have at least somewhat current data as i see i've missed posting a few molts in the molt thread that I know have molted in the last 3 weeks or so :oops:

Only thing i don't like about either app is there's no reporting. The phone app doesn't report hardly anything, the computer app has a somewhat decent report but it won't print. Guess i could always do the print preview and copy/paste it to something else and print.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's the report the keeper's record produces - full version. All the app will do that i can find is a count on species or total. no details.

Can't get the forums to upload a pdf for some reason so lets try this -

The Tarantula Keeper's Record v2.0 - Full Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serial#: 1, Acanthoscurria geniculata, Common Name: Giant White Knee, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 15 Dec 2015, Pet Name: Savage, Last Molt: 4/11/2016, Size: 4", Stage: Juvenile, Last Fed: 6/18/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, Molt History: 4/11/2016, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: refilled water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serial#: 2, Aphonopelma chalcodes, Common Name: Desert Blonde, Sex: Female, Date purchased: 26 Jan 2016, Pet Name: Astrid, Last Molt: 4/22/2016, Size: 4.5", Stage: Adult, Last Fed: 6/18/2016, Supplier Name: Ken the Bug Guy, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: refilled water

Serial#: 3, Aphonopelma seemanni, Common Name: Costa Rican Zebra, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 16 Feb 2016, Pet Name: Zeb, Last Molt: None, Size: None, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 4, , Common Name: Avicularia sp. Peru Purple, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 22 Jun 2016, Pet Name: Inca, Last Molt: 6/11/2016, Size: 1.5, Stage: Juvenile, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, Molt History: 6/11/2016, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 5, Avicularia versicolor, Common Name: Antillies Pink Toe, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 07 Jan 2016, Pet Name: Raven, Last Molt: 5/21/2016, Size: 2, Stage: Juvenile, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 6, , Common Name: Brachypelma Albiceps, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 31 Mar 2016, Pet Name: Thug, Last Molt: 5/5/2016, Size: 1, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/23/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/23/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 7, Brachypelma albopilosum, Common Name: Honduran Curly Hair, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 21 Dec 2015, Pet Name: Missingno, Last Molt: 6/23/2016, Size: 2, Stage: Juvenile, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 8, Brachypelma albopilosum, Common Name: Honduran Curly Hair, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 15 Dec 2015, Pet Name: Moe, Last Molt: 5/7/2016, Size: 1.5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 9, Brachypelma boehmei, Common Name: Mexican Fire Leg, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 24 Nov 2015, Pet Name: Koby, Last Molt: 6/29/2016, Size: 2.5, Stage: Juvenile, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 10, Brachypelma sabulosum, Common Name: Guatemalan Red Rump, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 23 Jun 2016, Pet Name: Roj, Last Molt: 5/10/2016, Size: 1.5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 11, Brachypelma smithi, Common Name: Mexican Red Knee, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 16 Feb 2016, Pet Name: Scooter, Last Molt: 5/18/2016, Size: 1, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/6/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 12, Brachypelma vagans, Common Name: Mexican Red Rump, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 01 Dec 2015, Pet Name: Redrum, Last Molt: 5/25/2016, Size: 2.5, Stage: Juvenile, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 13, Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Common Name: Green Bottle Blue, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 13 May 2015, Pet Name: Marley, Last Molt: 4/6/2016, Size: 4, Stage: Juvenile, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 14, Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Common Name: Green Bottle Blue, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 16 Feb 2016, Pet Name: FLash, Last Molt: 5/13/2016, Size: 1, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/8/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, Molt History: 5/13/2016, Comments: None, Preferred Food: None, Substrate: None, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 15, Grammostola pulchra, Common Name: Brazilian Black, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 16 Feb 2016, Pet Name: Black, Last Molt: 5/29/2016, Size: .75, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, Molt History: 5/29/2016, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 16, Grammostola pulchra, Common Name: Brazilian Black, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 16 Feb 2016, Pet Name: Satin, Last Molt: 6/5/2016, Size: .75, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 17, , Common Name: Chaco Golden Knee, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 27 Jan 2016, Pet Name: Bling, Last Molt: 6/15/2016, Size: 1, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/23/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/23/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 18, Grammostola rosea, Common Name: Chilean Rose Hair, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 15 Dec 2015, Pet Name: Buddha, Last Molt: 6/15/2016, Size: .75, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 19, , Common Name: Pumpkin Patch, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 23 Jun 2016, Pet Name: Percy, Last Molt: 4/23/2016, Size: 1.5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/8/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 20, , Common Name: Lemon Patch, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 27 Jan 2016, Pet Name: Linus, Last Molt: None, Size: 1.5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/23/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: None, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/23/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 21, Lasiodora itabunae, Common Name: None, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 01 Jun 2016, Pet Name: Colt, Last Molt: None, Size: .25, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: None, Substrate: None, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 22, Lasiodora parahybana, Common Name: Brazilian Salmon Pink, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 07 Jan 2016, Pet Name: Chum, Last Molt: 4/19/2016, Size: 1.5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 23, Nhandu coloratovillosus, Common Name: Brazillian Black and White, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 01 Jun 2016, Pet Name: Duke, Last Molt: None, Size: .5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 24, Brachypelma emilia, Common Name: Mexican Red Leg, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 06 Apr 2016, Pet Name: Em, Last Molt: 5/3/2016, Size: .5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

Serial#: 25, Psalmopoeus cambridgei, Common Name: Trinidad Chevron, Sex: Unknown, Date purchased: 16 Feb 2016, Pet Name: Caesar, Last Molt: 5/5/2016, Size: 1.5, Stage: Spiderling, Last Fed: 6/21/2016, Supplier Name: None, Supplier Address: None, Web Address: None, Phone: None, Price: None, MoltHistory: None, Comments: None, Preferred Food: ****Roaches, Substrate: Coconut Fibre, Enclosure: None, Last Maintained: 6/21/2016, MaintenenceComments: None

TabithasMom

3 Year Member
I have three modes to log all 40 of my Ts' vitals. I use the Tarantula app for my phone, have a couple Excel spreadsheets, then a good ol' fashioned pen-and-paper notebook for backup. God forbid my computer and/or phone crash, and all that neat info is wiped clean! I'd shed a tear or two if that were to happen.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have made my own excel spreadsheet for moults. The dates are all displayed on a "web" chart.....naturally☺

Latest posts