• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The new guy RonMac562

RonMac562

3 Year Member
Hey folks, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my T "Webbie"... Yes, I know the name is an obvious one for a T, but since she was a birthday gift for my 5 year old (he asked for a T specifically), I left it up to him to name her. The name fits though, as soon as she went into her new home, she got to work building herself a nice tubular Web in which she spends a lot of time, either deep inside or hanging out at the entrance... Anywho, that's enough of my rambling, she was purchased as a "pinktoe" and upon reading up on these guys, seems to be an Avic. avic. But I welcome anyone's educated opinion on the specifics... So here she is...
e29a4d155a375b0c3e7a812091e4317f.jpg

577dbd5246278eedee739a955769570d.jpg

bed22b40416c12d2f53a1ea2c94a5f14.jpg

1 week post molt
9cb692d50e9866e19f1dde79dff05e3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

RonMac562

3 Year Member
I also want to add, I haven't confirmed sex yet but I keep calling her a her in hopes that somehow it makes her more likely to be female...

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the boards A avicularia is the
Pink toe :p she looks just like my juvenile. :)
Wiki says:
The pinktoe tarantula is a species of tarantula native from Costa Rica to Brazil and the southern Caribbean. This species is sometimes called the Guyana pinktoe, Common pinktoe, or South American pinktoe. Wikipedia

Scientific name: Avicularia avicularia

RonMac562

3 Year Member
Welcome to the boards A avicularia is the
Pink toe [emoji14] she looks just like my juvenile. :)
Wiki says:
The pinktoe tarantula is a species of tarantula native from Costa Rica to Brazil and the southern Caribbean. This species is sometimes called the Guyana pinktoe, Common pinktoe, or South American pinktoe. Wikipedia

Scientific name: Avicularia avicularia

Thank you for the info, that's pretty much what I came up with as well so it's nice to confirm that with someone who knows more than I do... I can't wait to add to my collection but enjoying learning about these guys as I get deeper into the hobby...

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you for the info, that's pretty much what I came up with as well so it's nice to confirm that with someone who knows more than I do... I can't wait to add to my collection but enjoying learning about these guys as I get deeper into the hobby...

I love avics, the way they move like they are floating, just make sure she has plenty of ventilation, fresh clean water available and ignore Internet caresheets! Those sheets are avic killers.
Everyone here is friendly and always willing to help :) Webby looks great. Glad your beginning this fascinating journey into arachnids with us :T::T::T:

Latest posts