• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US The Intimidation Factor

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey folks! I know the title may seem a bit odd but there's a story behind it. See, I have my huge P. platyomma female set up in my bedroom. My landlord (senior citizens) came over to fix my ceiling fan in my bedroom. The husband and his employee came and then the wife came a little later to meet the husband at my house. Well, when the husband and his employee seen my tarantula they were a bit "intimidated" by her size. They chuckled, called me "crazy" (of all words :rolleyes: lmao) and went about their business. Now, it's time for the land lady to come in my house. She took a "part" to her husband that he needed for my ceiling fan. Needless to say, she asked what I had in the "tank" on the other side of my bed. Well, being the tarantula lover that I am, I love boasting about my T's. So, I said "would you like to see?"......She crept on over to my side of the bed, I pulled the lid off my terrarium and lifted the hide. I never in my life thought a senior citizen would have the energy to jump like an athlete. :D Let me tell you, she damn near scaled my bed (queen size, btw) and almost put a new door through my wall.....Literally. I still have the skid marks on my wall where she had her keys in her hand trying to get away.....Literally jumped on my bed!!!! :D I thought I gave this lady a heart attack :eek:(Lord, I would've felt so bad). :oops: After we calmed her down and walked her out of my house, I finally got the courage to laugh my ass off. I respect my elders to the fullest but I couldn't help myself. She said all kinds of "things".....Of course I was "crazy" once again and actually got asked how I sleep at night with that "thing" in there.....Lol....Anyway...Enough of the chuckles for now. Just thought I'd share. :). Ok, now for the interesting stuff:

:T:0.1 7+" Pamphobeteus platyomma- $200:T:

She is for sale! She is a whopping 7+" in leg span, has a chunky butt and stocky legs. She is very healthy. I'm letting her leave my room for $200 + express shipping only. This lady is WAY too big to risk prolonged transit to her destination. Wouldn't you like to have this intimidation factor sitting in your living room as company came through your door? Or perhaps a surprise for the significant other in the bedroom? Lol. Ok, so she "appears" intimidating but the truth is, she's a big ol' teddy bear. She's a tad skittish but she has never raised up on me in defense posture. She would make a wonderful pet to anyone that loves big tarantulas (big being an understatement).

TOS: This will be an Express shipment only. In the event of a DOA, I will refund the purchase price of the tarantula only. I do not refund shipping. You must let me know of ANY issues within 2 hours of delivery or pickup if held. Any package returned to courier facility due to absence at time of delivery will not receive LAG and will not get a refund. The tarantulas well being would be at your expense at that moment in time. Please be responsible and have someone available to receive package if you're at work or unavailable at that time. A signature WILL be required. Heat pack included if needed. Thanks for looking & reading, folks. Have a wonderful day!

Payment: GOOGLE WALLET only.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is literally my dream T, Ahhh it's tough being broke LOL.

Oh you should see her in person. She lives up to her status, lol. She's a bit bulkier than most stirmi I've seen at her size. A beast for sure. :)

Latest posts