• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The 'hello and about me' thread!

RedRarebit

Hallo there! I'm Red, I've mostly joined this forum in anticipation of finally getting a tarantula (or two....) so that I can lurk around to find answers to any of my no-doubt basic questions before I jump into the deep end. I apologise in advance if anything I ask seems incredibly simple, I promise I have read around, I just like to get opinions of people as well.

I currently have an adorable jumping spider, and come primarily from the aquarium side of keeping pets - finding out fishtank maths and tarantula enclosure maths were completely different was a hell of a surprise and sort of reassuring. I'm mostly interested in keeping dwarf species of tarantulas, and with any luck my first will be a Cyriocosmus elegans for terrestrial, and a Heterothele villosella to cover arboreal - in separate enclosures, obviously!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
Any questions please feel free to ask, there are many helpful people on here willing to answer them.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome to the forum.

In radio, we always say there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid timing. That is, the question you ask too late.