• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The fun of filling a water bowl

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Taal, my Orphnaecus sp Blue Panay moulted 5 days ago and tonight she appeared for the first time since so a good chance to take a photo
DSCF2964 (2).JPG

She didn't like the flash and swung round on me
DSCF2966 (2).JPG

Realising her water bowl needed a top up I opened her lid again and started to insert the water bottle. She flew at me, must have been 3-4" off the ground, I dropped the lid down and she ran back to her corner so I could fill the bowl but she was still in threat pose.
DSCF2967 (2).JPG

DSCF2968 (2).JPG

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's why I fill the dish through the screen on top or alternatively use a dropped through vent holes on one of my acrylic enclosures.

Of course, you shouldn't splash your tarantula. They don't need baths!!

Calico

3 Year Member
That's why I fill the dish through the screen on top or alternatively use a dropped through vent holes on one of my acrylic enclosures.

Of course, you shouldn't splash your tarantula. They don't need baths!!

That's exactly how I fill mine. He's only come at me once when I did it with the lid off. But only because his hole is under the dish. Guessing he was defending his home.

@Enn49 she is beautiful!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Calico Thank you.

She's in a container with a hinged top lid so I'm always relatively safe. It was out of character as she normally runs and hides so th jump took me by surprise.

Latest posts