• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The first wait has begun - #Edit3: Waiting for her to show the fresh colours

Nunua

3 Year Member
After being a proud owner of my beautiful first T for a week, I am now a proud owner of a beautiful pet burrow :D

713435d31c.png

I checked the burrow with light and at least for now she's still just standing there, but she's surely been hardworking today. Now the wait has begun - Let's see if I'll have a freshly moulted beauty later :T:

Nunua

3 Year Member
Haha, thank you :D I'm actually very interested to see how long Maisa will be in her burrow. Also, it'll be fun to see if she blocks the entrance ever more or if she's happy with the partly open one :p

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
None of my B. Hammori or my A. genic use their hides at all, they all moult out in the open just laying a mat down and getting on with it wherever they happen to be.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
None of my B. Hammori or my A. genic use their hides at all, they all moult out in the open just laying a mat down and getting on with it wherever they happen to be.
Mine are split...half burrow the others lay out in the open as well. The one currently burrowed laid out in the open last molt. Can't keep up with her...;)

Nunua

3 Year Member
I hope that one day Maisa will show me some fascinating moulting action out in the open :p She's still a tad unsure of me walking around, so she decided to be safe and build the barricade, haha :D

Nunua

3 Year Member
Aaa, so exciting! I just came home from work and couldn't resist to shine some light into the burrow and YES, she has started the most exhausting thing in the life of a spider! I hope everything goes fine and I will see a fresh baby soon.

Last edited:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aaa, so exciting! I just came home from work and couldn't resist to shine some light into the burrow and YES, she has started the most exhausting thing in the life of a spider! I hope everything goes fine and I will see a fresh baby soon.
Molting is one of the best parts of the hobby. To watch the growth with each molt is rewarding. Congratulations on your new, pet burrow by the way.

Nunua

3 Year Member
Thank you @PanzoN88 ! Yes, moulting is truly fascinating and I hope she'll do it out in the open one day :)

For the #Edit2 - Everything seems to be fine. I'm going to bed, so I checked her quickly. All her legs seem to be free from the moult and she's now moving them around. I filled up her water dish so she'll have fresh water when she feels well enough to crawl out from the burrow.
More info and a picture or two after she's out again and I can see her well.

Nunua

3 Year Member
Thank you Ennie and Arachnoclown! :) She's still sitting in her burrow, waiting for her exoskeleton and fangs to harden but I can see that her legs are velvet black with bright stripes, and that she has some beautiful reddish setae on her abdomen :T: ♥ I hope she'll come out soon so I can see her and take out the moult.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I still get nervous and worried whenever one of mine is molting or about to most. 400 million years of experience doesn't totally calm me down!! Usually they do ok.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Molting did worry me at first, so I would simply add a few more drops of water for the slings (I keep my smaller slings in pill vials and condiment cups)(currently none are in condiment cups currently), for the larger specimens I overflow the water dish. I think it helps.

Latest posts