• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The deadly Sicarious terrosus

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The six eyed sand spider. Took some patience but finally got a photo of her above the sand. Not the best photo but beggars cannot be choosers here. Gorgeous and very unique spider. For those of you that do not focus on true or primitive spiders, the Sicarious sp. spend the bulk of their life under the substrate waiting for prey to pass. But when that happens...BAM!!! They only need to feed every 2-3 weeks (some say once a month but I find that if mine is not hungry, I simply remove the cricket after a day) and do not require any water in the enclosure. So, care is simple but not recommend for beginners as the venom has been cited as the most deadly of all spiders. May not even be recommended for advance keepers? This spider is going on three years old and have one of the longest life expectancies of true spiders. Proud pappa! :D

IMG_0252_zpsgsh0hflr.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very cool! i will NEVER have one! lol so keep the pics coming of her. thats the only way ill get to see one. lmao