• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thanksgiving and an Attitude of Gratitude! :)

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No mention of chickenpox or the FSM!!!!
Thank you still for the kind thoughts.
B0567AF2-3C3A-4CA0-A302-D63553476F62.jpeg

Oursapoil,

I guess you are grateful for getting a common childhood illness.
Is the spaghetti and meatballs creature your god?

The Creator said,

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genesis 1

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dear well wishing friend,
I was referring to the disease that was used to eradicate many of the nice people who helped the settlers with their food. The FML is an invented entity like your creator, it is to me as likely to exist as the god you so kindly refer to so often.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster says:
As was recounted to Solipsy, Humble GalleyScribe

And The Flying Spaghetti Monster did come unto Dee Dee waiting at the front of Fred’s Italian Corner, for she was hungry and her wait did seem to be unending, and he filled her with His Heavenly Smells, and unto her He did speak:
“My True Believer and most excellent Administrator, My keeper of the knowledge that All is My Creation, and as much as any creationism is to be taught as science, My Creation is to be taught as science, I ask of you this: Carry to My True Believers these instructions, that when they give thanks for the Holy Feast, they shall remember and pray these words”:

Our One Creator Which Flies and is Spaghetti and a Monster,

• I believe Thou art the Creator of Goodness and Nourishment, and of Sustenance. I thank the Pasta, and the Sauce, and the Meatballs, for they provide me all my needs.
  • I thank Thee for the Many Beverages that Thou provides, for they engender true fellowship, and I will quaff them heartily, be they Beer, or Wine, or Sweet Iced Tea (in the South), or even Milk or Kool-Aid, for it is not good to withhold fluids, and I need to take care of my Body, as Beneficiary of Thine Holy Goodness.
  • I thank Thee for the giving of healthful Green Salad, the Yummy Garlic Bread, and the Blessed Cheese for the top of my Spaghetti, and also I am most thankful that If I eat All my Dinner, a Dessert of Extreme Chocolateness will surely follow, preferably Dark Chocolate, for it is Good.
  • I believe that Thou are neither Male, nor Female, but are instead beyond the reaches of the gender confusion of Man and Woman Kind, yea, thou are ageless, timeless and all-encompassing.
  • I most humbly thank Thee, oh Noodly Appendaged One, for Touching me with the mental capacity to adapt the mythologies of This Universe to aid and comfort me here, until that day I am able to join together with my Pastafarian Brothers and Sisters at the foot of the Beer Volcano, and enumerate my specifications at the Stripper Factory, so that happiness and contentedness and good cheer be present for all, forever and forever,
RAmen.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You are totally right, religions are for me something to laugh about and any religions that can’t withstand to be made fun of is already showing it’s weakness.
Same as am I, you are welcome to believe anything you want, might it be “the god in the Bible”, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or even Eric the magic, god-eating penguin.
Am I not after all trying to preach the gospel on a tarantula forum ;)
Have a pleasant evening my friend.
3AEC3C69-5647-4BCA-8523-E7E61796A53A.jpeg

Jeremy-psychonaut

You are totally right, religions are for me something to laugh about and any religions that can’t withstand to be made fun of is already showing it’s weakness.
Same as am I, you are welcome to believe anything you want, might it be “the god in the Bible”, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or even Eric the magic, god-eating penguin.
Am I not after all trying to preach the gospel on a tarantula forum ;)
Have a pleasant evening my friend.View attachment 51865
Well said!!!!

Jeremy-psychonaut

Dear well wishing friend,
I was referring to the disease that was used to eradicate many of the nice people who helped the settlers with their food. The FML is an invented entity like your creator, it is to me as likely to exist as the god you so kindly refer to so often.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster says:
As was recounted to Solipsy, Humble GalleyScribe

And The Flying Spaghetti Monster did come unto Dee Dee waiting at the front of Fred’s Italian Corner, for she was hungry and her wait did seem to be unending, and he filled her with His Heavenly Smells, and unto her He did speak:
“My True Believer and most excellent Administrator, My keeper of the knowledge that All is My Creation, and as much as any creationism is to be taught as science, My Creation is to be taught as science, I ask of you this: Carry to My True Believers these instructions, that when they give thanks for the Holy Feast, they shall remember and pray these words”:

Our One Creator Which Flies and is Spaghetti and a Monster,

• I believe Thou art the Creator of Goodness and Nourishment, and of Sustenance. I thank the Pasta, and the Sauce, and the Meatballs, for they provide me all my needs.
  • I thank Thee for the Many Beverages that Thou provides, for they engender true fellowship, and I will quaff them heartily, be they Beer, or Wine, or Sweet Iced Tea (in the South), or even Milk or Kool-Aid, for it is not good to withhold fluids, and I need to take care of my Body, as Beneficiary of Thine Holy Goodness.
  • I thank Thee for the giving of healthful Green Salad, the Yummy Garlic Bread, and the Blessed Cheese for the top of my Spaghetti, and also I am most thankful that If I eat All my Dinner, a Dessert of Extreme Chocolateness will surely follow, preferably Dark Chocolate, for it is Good.
  • I believe that Thou are neither Male, nor Female, but are instead beyond the reaches of the gender confusion of Man and Woman Kind, yea, thou are ageless, timeless and all-encompassing.
  • I most humbly thank Thee, oh Noodly Appendaged One, for Touching me with the mental capacity to adapt the mythologies of This Universe to aid and comfort me here, until that day I am able to join together with my Pastafarian Brothers and Sisters at the foot of the Beer Volcano, and enumerate my specifications at the Stripper Factory, so that happiness and contentedness and good cheer be present for all, forever and forever,
RAmen.
Tell me more about this Beer volcano LOL

First, I will start our Thanksgiving list by explaining what recently happened on a cold evening on the way back from the store.

The store is nearby and I need the exercise, so I walked to the grocery store.
I had about 20 pounds in my pack to prepare for the holiday. It gets dark early and I shouldn't have tried a new short cut that I wasn't familiar with. I got to a place that I had to jump down about body high. I misjudged on landing and sprained my ankle badly. I couldn't walk. It was below freezing and I am not one to call an ambulance. I was only a few blocks from home too. After sitting for a good while, trying to think through possible options while wincing in exquisite pain unbearable to walk, I went to my Father. I explained what I did and asked for His kind mercy. As the centurian asked Jesus to just speak the word to heal his daughter, so I asked. As soon as I did the pain immediately left. I was so blown away that I had trouble believing what He did. I got up and the was scared to put weight back on it. Never the less, I was miraculously healed! When I got home and weighed my pack, I ran up and down the steps to test my ankle further. I am so very grateful.
No wonder He's called the Great Physician.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am sincerely thrilled your ankle magically healed. May I suggest you’ll use his infinite power in a cancer ward of a children hospital?
They could use it a lot more than something which would have been fine in a couple of day with a good wrapping.
I won’t entertain you anymore with response, you clearly seem to have an agenda here and I believe you are in the wrong place on this forum.
Be good, be safe and have a wonderful life.

Latest posts