• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula violin sound sensitivity?

Cruxious

i'm new here and plan to have a pet tarantula and set up enclosure in the same room i usually play violin so i don't know if it will disturb the tarantula?
and how do you preserve mealworms?

prince charmless

i'm new here and plan to have a pet tarantula and set up enclosure in the same room i usually play violin so i don't know if it will disturb the tarantula?
and how do you preserve mealworms?
Ts don't actually "hear", they sense vibration. I have a couple of guitars and 100 watt Marshall half stack and they don't seem to mind. Keep the mealworms in the fridge and they will last quite a while

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have two guitars and the vibrations don’t seem to affect the tarantulas at all.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The two things that I find they respond to, low frequencies and high frequencies.

My P ornata male gets all jiggy when I crumple up envelopes with glassing Windows or tear the plastic off of shrink wrapped boxes.

My T violaceous comes out of his hide and goes on walkabout when I play Def Leppard. Every. Single. Time.

Heavy bass and crinkling paper. Try it.

MBullock

3 Year Member
Ts don't actually "hear", they sense vibration. I have a couple of guitars and 100 watt Marshall half stack and they don't seem to mind. Keep the mealworms in the fridge and they will last quite a while
They definitely can hear- In my experiences with wolf spiders, particularly geolycosa, they definitely react to whistles with severity. This is likely because they bask during spring and winter and theyre susceptible to attacks by birds. In the end, all hearing really is, is detecting vibrations. In fact we use cilia in our ears much the same way a spider utilizes its trichobothria to detect sound.

Latest posts