• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Likes cellos.

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
everytime my sister who practices her cello in the room about 5 feet from were our mid-sized A. Chalcodes is. Says it comes out of its hide every time she plays. I believe it has to do with the vibrations that the cello possibly produces on its enclosure.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's interesting as most books/ reference material says vibrations are bad for Ts. I have been thinking of utilising some space in my utility room but have always thought no, the washing machine is there and that being o. 2 or 3 times a week would be bad for my Ts........any views guys?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's interesting as most books/ reference material says vibrations are bad for Ts. I have been thinking of utilising some space in my utility room but have always thought no, the washing machine is there and that being o. 2 or 3 times a week would be bad for my Ts........any views guys?
I don't think it would be too bad, as long as the washer and dryer are leveled properly and the enclosure isnt sitting on one of them :p Of course I've never done it. I do play very loud music sometimes, in the same room as my inverts. Yes, occasionally one will eat it's own face off, but that's not the norm.

-.-

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't think it would be too bad, as long as the washer and dryer are leveled properly and the enclosure isnt sitting on one of them :p Of course I've never done it. I do play very loud music sometimes, in the same room as my inverts. Yes, occasionally one will eat it's own face off, but that's not the norm.

-.-
I HATE it when they eat their faces off! lol

Latest posts