• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula in home since Oct 31

Locustqueen831

3 Year Member
In molt but has not come out it a Honduran curly hair I don't want nothing to happen to my friend how can I check on it.

Attachments

• IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
B. albopilosum are great at digging burrows and tunnels and will come to no harm. As they get bigger they will spend more time on the surface.
When you put feed in does it disappear by next day?

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I have several B. abilpolosums. Each one has it's own personality. I would continue to offer it food and see what happens. Make sure it has plenty of water and let it do what it's going to do! I know it can be worrisome at times but allowing it to do it's thing is usually best. Good luck with this all...

Locustqueen831

3 Year Member
I have several B. abilpolosums. Each one has it's own personality. I would continue to offer it food and see what happens. Make sure it has plenty of water and let it do what it's going to do! I know it can be worrisome at times but allowing it to do it's thing is usually best. Good luck with this all...
But how do I know if it safe to offer it food do you think it is still molting.

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
What kind of hide are you using? Is the entrance to the hide webbed over? I guess if it were me, after that long of not eating or seeing it, I would lift the hide and take a look. I use cork bark hides.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ive had one stay in its burrow for 6 months...she eventually came out. I just maintained her water dish. I know it's frustrating and you want to see your friend but this sounds normal to me. Once they hide for a long period of time, I dont offer food. If their hungry they will come out to hunt. This hobby teaches you patience.

Latest posts