• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula + Dracula ants =?

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Ok so I have an unique situation where I just discovered a small colony of Dracula ants (about 10 ants) in my Tliltocatl albopilosus's enclosure. I can't rehouse her because I'm out of supplies (and broke). I'm not that worried since the colony is small but I would like some advice.
Thx

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok so I have an unique situation where I just discovered a small colony of Dracula ants (about 10 ants) in my Tliltocatl albopilosus's enclosure. I can't rehouse her because I'm out of supplies (and broke). I'm not that worried since the colony is small but I would like some advice.
Thx
Can you post a picture? Thank you!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could you temporarily put your T in any other container...clean out the(?what the heck is a dracula ant?) offending critters and then put the T back...
Adetomyrma venatrix, more commonly known as the Dracula ant, so named because of its grisly feeding habits of drinking the blood of its young, is an endangered species of ants endemic to Madagascar. Workers of this species are blind.
Wikipedia

Reptisect

3 Year Member
I haven't seen the ants in a while ,my tarantula is doing well but I will rehouse her as soon as I have supplies. Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it and will keep you all posted.

Latest posts