• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank size

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
Hi guys,
My mean old boyfriend decided to take it upon himself to throw my spare spider tanks out whilst helping me move house. He didnt even inform me he had done it. found out when i went to go get them ready for my new ats that my sis picked up for me. Have been running around all yesterday afternoon, last night and today trying to find ones the same size but with no luck. Ive managed to get smaller tanks but as they are not size id normally use im worried they may be too small. They are for adult rosie and sub adult chaco golden knee.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389535958.562092.jpg

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would say small for an adult G rosea, others would say perfect. I prefer to give mine space to move. I use 10gal(50x27x33cm) glass aquariums for all my adults. 20gal long for my Lp and G pulchripes.

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
I could kill my boyf. My mexican red knee has a massive tank, its almost three foot long, about a foot and half high and just over a foot wide. She loves it so these ones look extra small compared to hers (which is bigger than other people i know, but shes a big girl so i like her to have room)
Think the chaco will be fine in small tank for now but def want to get larger one for Rosie asap

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
Ok im a bit dumb. I measured foot of tank using my feet hehe. Im a uk size four so my foot prob isnt an actual foot if you know what i mean

Salmon.birdeater.Minnie

3 Year Member
Lol. Now I'm hungry. I just bought a two an half foot squared one yest for my birdeater. It was £80 from pets at home an has mat- thermostat and thermometer in kit.

Salmon.birdeater.Minnie

3 Year Member
Hello. I'm having a debate about where the best place to put thermo/ humidity and stat sensors in my tanks with a friend an he won't accept he is wrong. Can anyone else prove him wrong.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello. I'm having a debate about where the best place to put thermo/ humidity and stat sensors in my tanks with a friend an he won't accept he is wrong. Can anyone else prove him wrong.
Unless you spent some money on them (ie. not pet store models), what have will be very inaccurate.
Ideally you want two of each. Place them on opposite ends of the enclosure. This will give a better read of the gradient inside.

Salmon.birdeater.Minnie

3 Year Member
Lol thanks but he is long gone. But I can chalk it up to a moral victory. I said that you want to have a constant measure of both sides due to the size of the cage. He was under impression that it doesn't matter the temp of rest of tank. Just the heated part.
To be honest tho he don't keep our friends.
I'm chipping away at him slowly. With a bit more education and a little bit of influencing he will join the club.

Latest posts