• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T not eating but is not showing physical signs of pre-molt

smallbike

3 Year Member
My A. Seemanni hasn't eaten since the day after I got her (about a month ago). I know it's normal for spiders to not eat sometimes, but based on what the previous owner told me, she's probably due for a molt. The only thing is that she doesn't look like she's going into premolt - her abdomen is big but not abnormally big, and it's definitely not shiny, nor is it getting darker. She seems to have some pale/bald spots on her abdomen, but I thought that was from flicking hairs (so far I haven't seen her do that).

What gives? Is she just spiderin'? I haaaaate catching the crickets and putting them back in their pen! they give me the creeps!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just make sure you keep the water dish full and over flow it weekly....Ive noticed this behavior gets better with age. My older ones only do this in premolt. My juveniles do this constantly...months before premolt signs appear.

smallbike

3 Year Member
Good to know! I definitely make sure she has water at all times, and misted the moss in her tank last night.

Maybe it's because my room is on the chillier side and she'll get hungry again once winter is over. Or maybe she's just a little weirdo. *shrug emoji*

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good to know! I definitely make sure she has water at all times, and misted the moss in her tank last night.

Maybe it's because my room is on the chillier side and she'll get hungry again once winter is over. Or maybe she's just a little weirdo. *shrug emoji*
Could be the room temp. I've noticed when I take it down to 70, some of mine don't seem to like it.

Latest posts