• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T in need of help!

chrismg

3 Year Member
IMG_0242.JPG
I found a tarantula in my backyard after a horrible rain storm. This T has live in fence block that I would see come out occasionally. The last time I saw it, I was spinning a web mat outside of the opening of the block. I found it the next day under a piece of cholla cactus. I tried to put her back but she was very weak. I have had her in and out of ICU for about 2 months now. I have tried to feed her but nothing. I am at a loss on what to do. As time has gone buy she is able to stand on her front legs and move them but the legs are confused. She cant seem to walk completely. When she tries to walk she flips over sometimes to her back. Can a premolt go on this long? Please help....

Last edited:

77RRad

3 Year Member
I have never had one flip over that wasn't going to molt soon after. I have also had some go 70ish days no food then molt.
Have you tried to put her in a cage and mist one side to see if she wants the humidity? Maybe a water dish to see if she drinks?
While she is flipped over like that too maybe try to get a dropper and give her water 1 drop at a time and see if she takes it?

Last edited:

Latest posts