• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. Gigas: Boy or Girl

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think it's a female. The molt was 3 days old, because she(?) had been hogging it and had only just pushed it towards the hole in her tree.
AqEFkTo.jpg

wRRrCgf.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How old is she/he
I've had it for a little more than a year. It went from about 1.5cm leg span to about 6cm in that time (I've not seen all of it since its molt, but from what I've seen it's grown again).

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He/she had been hiding since I put a mini hollow tree in (it's got a hole at the top and a window on the side and the spider seems to love it in there). This is the last picture I've got taken about a week before its molt, when it was already duller looking. At the moment from what I can see, it's very fiery orange all over again
K1MLrWp.jpg

vector

3 Year Member
I have i feeling its a female but you should wait till the next molt. Hopefulli she pushes it out before the molt dries again

Latest posts