• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Substrate for new Curly Hair

emerson

Is it okay if I put the guy in the enclosure while the substrate is still a bit moist from when I was preparing it or should I wait for it to dry a bit more? It isn't swampy or soaked but a little damp.

ryanm7277

One of my curly loves being on his substrate, while the other never gets off his hide. I wonder if he hate the way the substrate feels or something.

Blackdog

Mine loves to redecorate. I thought I had the moss just right, but no she decided to make a few changes like most of it in her water dish!!!!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
ZomboMeme 05092018114945.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Exactly like this!!! Scrunched up between the space between the hide and the top of the enclosure.
That's normal behavior. Some spiders prefer a perch to hang out on vs. the ground. For an example, I own lots of smithi and hamorii tarantulas. I have one that never touches the ground and is always on her perch. All the others are on the ground or burrows. I've got some Grammostola pulchra that do the same thing.
20220309_215536.gif

Latest posts