• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Springtails

nellyitchabelly

Can somebody tell me if springtails are useful in a tarantula enclosure? I just got my first tarantula a wild-caught Oklahoma Brown and I was wondering if she would benefit from it. Thank you very much in advance

Blackdog

The other issue is how much the eat. I have a ton in my leopard tortoise enclosure but between the poop and leftover food they have plenty. For a T one roach husk a week is not enough and they will chow down all live plants.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As mentioned above. They need more food & moisture than a T will provide.

I feed my clean up crew & only keep them in moister enclosures. The springtails get a spoon full of dried yeast a week to create live growth & for the isopods I use an isopod food from the spider shop.

nellyitchabelly

As mentioned above. They need more food & moisture than a T will provide.

I feed my clean up crew & only keep them in moister enclosures. The springtails get a spoon full of dried yeast a week to create live growth & for the isopods I use an isopod food from the spider shop.
Thanks

Latest posts