• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spiderling Question

Spideyfan101

3 Year Member
Hello everyone. I just got my first spiderling, he/she is a G. Pulchripes. I've never had a baby one before and was wondering if I should put a water dish in the enclosure with my new friend? If so what should I use? He/she is very small I'd say 1/2 in. or less.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    927.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    927.3 KB · Views: 16

timc

3 Year Member
First of all welcome to the forum! I have the same species and it looks to be about the same size. I don't keep a water bowl in the enclosure since it's so small I haven't really got anything to fit in there. I usually just wet a little corner of the substrate whenever I notice it's dried out. She seems happy so I haven't changed what I'm doing. Great little spiders though, aren't they?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A small water bottle cap, tattoo ink cup (small) Lego brick or even a house from monopoly turned upside down works well for the little guys :)

Last edited:

Spideyfan101

3 Year Member
First of all welcome to the forum! I have the same species and it looks to be about the same size. I don't keep a water bowl in the enclosure since it's so small I haven't really got anything to fit in there. I usually just wet a little corner of the substrate whenever I notice it's dried out. She seems happy so I haven't changed what I'm doing. Great little spiders though, aren't they?
Yeah I saw it at petco for $19 dollars and went oooohhh! Time to buy. Can't wait to see the colors come in. One of my favorites.

Spideyfan101

3 Year Member
A small water bottle cap, Lego brick or even a house from monopoly turned upside down works well for the little guys :)
I like the Lego idea. I am definitely going to do that. I have only had him/her for a few days and was worried cuz the substrate was drying out too fast. Thanks for the tip!

timc

3 Year Member
A small water bottle cap, tattoo ink cup (small) Lego brick or even a house from monopoly turned upside down works well for the little guys :)
Lol that is a good idea but I haven't had Legos in the house in about 20 years. And I'm not buying any. Those things are expensive.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol that is a good idea but I haven't had Legos in the house in about 20 years. And I'm not buying any. Those things are expensive.
EBay ^.~ search for 1x2 or 2x2 lego block
Or, if you have a thrift shop stop by, generally get a toy bag with a bunch of odd lego bits for about a dollar.

Spideyfan101

3 Year Member
EBay ^.~ search for 1x2 or 2x2 lego block
Or, if you have a thrift shop stop by, generally get a toy bag with a bunch of odd lego bits for about a dollar.
I have a bunch of old ones. Should I decontaminate it? I had a rose hair years ago and just used soapy water for his stuff. I just don't want to hurt my new tiny guy.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a bunch of old ones. Should I decontaminate it? I had a rose hair years ago and just used soapy water for his stuff. I just don't want to hurt my new tiny guy.
Scrub and rinse it extremely well. I put stuff through the dishwasher top rack on steam clean no soap. Works fine :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Watch out for those pulchripes. They're vicious. Mine tried to bite me about 8 times. Those things are crazy..I have a restraint box with a kill switch that will fry her if she ever gets out. I can't risk it..my nephew opened her enclosure once and she ate his face with some farve beans and a nice bottle of Chianti.

Spideyfan101

3 Year Member
Watch out for those pulchripes. They're vicious. Mine tried to bite me about 8 times. Those things are crazy..I have a restraint box with a kill switch that will fry her if she ever gets out. I can't risk it..my nephew opened her enclosure once and she ate his face with some farve beans and a nice bottle of Chianti.
Lol HAHAHAHA I'll keep that in mind. I was think shock gate it
like Jurassic park style.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I love my two so much and I take every opportunity to gush about them. I bought them as juveniles, so I never saw them as tiny spiderlings. They are pretty adorable even at that size.
You're going to love yours... I promise.