• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spiderling enclosure question

Stephanie

3 Year Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a terrestrial spiderling habitat for cheap. I have a 1 year old B.Smithi, shes almost as big as a silver dollar (including legspan) and right now shes cramped up in her little bowl. I found a place to buy them for like 7.00 but the guy wants 15.00 and up just for shipping and I find that a little... meh..... any suggestions on what I could use? And if possible could you post pics of some good habitat ideas for a B.Smithi of this size? Thanks :)

NYX

3 Year Member
I have been using totes for my T's. I just burn airholes in them by heating up a paperclip. I would look in the tuberware and tote sections in local stores. You can usual find something pretty custom to what you are looking for.

Morgan94

3 Year Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a terrestrial spiderling habitat for cheap. I have a 1 year old B.Smithi, shes almost as big as a silver dollar (including legspan) and right now shes cramped up in her little bowl. I found a place to buy them for like 7.00 but the guy wants 15.00 and up just for shipping and I find that a little... meh..... any suggestions on what I could use? And if possible could you post pics of some good habitat ideas for a B.Smithi of this size? Thanks :)
Check a craft store for acrylic doll boxes.. Make sure you don't get a tall one get one more suitable for a terrestrial. I use 32oz delis for my slings that size.. so also check your local butcher shop/deli.. I get mine 4 for $1.00

Latest posts