• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So you may have heard...

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here in Alberta we have had massive flooding, and in my home city of Calgary (among many other southern Alberta towns) we have declared a State of Emergency.

This catastrophe has been devestating for those who have been affected. Please keep us all in your thoughts right now.

I will probably be around, albeit sporadically for the next little while. I am in animal rescue, and am looking at being very busy with the relief efforts in that aspect, and I am also doing my best to get help and donations out to other families that have been affected and displaced from their homes.

Caden and I are both safe, and we were fortunate enough to live at a high enough elevation to not be directly affected by this tragedy.

*hugs*

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bast I really hope you are ok. Sorry to hear of this disaster. Let me know if i can help in any way. Good luck .

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks guys! My family and I are all doing fine, we were all fortunate enough to live on high ground. The clean up efforts here are massive though, so much damage. We are doing our best to get donations together and getting them to the evac centres. We've also been gathering donations and helping with pet rescue efforts for displaced animals. This has been just devastating, and clean up/repairs are going to take a very long time, but people in the affected areas have banded together and I couldn't be more proud.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Very sorry to hear about this disaster. I'm very glad to hear you and your family are doing well though. Sending thoughts and prayers out your way! :) :)

Latest posts