• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So Lotus came out of hiding...

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
And made a web right over her old one, between the half log and the screen top xD
I guess this means I won't be opening her tank for a while, although I'm glad I can actually see her now, she's such a pretty thing.
She's a P. striata, and has been webbed in her half log (it's glued to the back of the tank) for about 4 months now.

Wish I could get a better picture, but the light is not cooperating with me right now, and the mesh is in the way =/

Attachments

• IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4438.jpg
    IMG_4438.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's gorgeous! It's funny, sometimes I think T's web in these places on purpose....like plotting their escape (or our demise) lol

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
Thank you :)
She used to have her web under the plant on the other side when I first got her, then she discovered the half log and never came out except to shed.
She's so quick too, I always get nervous when I open the tank, especially since my boyfriend would kill her on sight if she ever did get out. She has never tried to escape, but I made sure the clips were tight just in case, they can get through the smallest places.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The man of the house doesn't share your love of arachnids eh? That's too bad :( Yeah, I've read some pretty crazy escape stories, so definitely better safe than sorry.

Here's a video I watched that was a pretty amazing escape:

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
He's okay with them, he likes my red knee more then my ornamental, I think she scares him a bit lol
That video is amazing, it's hard to believe what they can do sometimes, such a tiny space to get that big abdomen through!

Atx13

3 Year Member
I view that as animal cruelty... Poor T, should force the owner to wiggle through a space like that, and let me video tape it.
I'm just kidding. But really... I think i missed the point in the video? or maybe these 12 hour shifts in the freezer are getting to me :eek:

Latest posts