• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Small update

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Karina has started making a little bit of a web at the back of her tank behind the wood piece we have in there. This is the first time I have noticed any amount of webbing at all in her tank, so it's pretty exciting! I'm kind of hoping that since she hasn't moulted in our care (got her in Nov. 2012) and she hadn't moulted in the four to five months she was with her previous owner, that maybe she's going to moult for us soon. She also finally ate in front of me for the first time ever a couple weeks ago!

Noelle had been digging up a storm inside of her hide, and had webbed up her precious bottle cap inside of her hide as well. She was spending most of her time hidden away, not even coming out for feeding times, but waiting for the crickets to wander in. She's taken to moving out the bolus' to a spot on the far side of the tank, which makes for quick clean ups. She wasn't even coming out to charge me when I was taking out the bolus or filling the dish etc. Now, she's decided to not use her hide at all anymore, and just hangs out near her new water dish, and proceeds to throw tantrums when I fill up the water bowl lol.

Chaos has really taken to her new enclosure and has started webbing it up. She has the inside of her half log all webbed inside, so it's a huge web funnel starting at the opening and it goes all the way to the back of the log, and the entire back part of the log is webbed up inside and out. She's even got some dirt curtains on either side of the opening of her hide. She spends most of her time hanging out at the opening or inside the log. The last time i fed her she didn't come out, but as soon as the cricket got close to the entrance she was out like lightning! It was so fast it actually made me jump even though I was fully expecting her to grab the cricket. It's amazing how fast she is! She's also no longer trying to make a break for it when I open the lid, so my heart has been able to stay at healthy levels now lol.

Salem (our larger versi sling) moulted at the beginning of the month and she is just gorgeous! After she moulted she tore down her entire web hammock and is now just hanging out on the side of her little container. She is eating well post moult and grooms herself a lot! It's so cool to watch her! I actually have a video from the first day we got her, where she is kind of laying on her side grooming...total model lol. I can't figure out how to post it here on the site though :(

Jolie (smaller versi sling), is pretty laid back as well. She spends most of her time on the underside of the lid on her container. Not very convenient for feeding or maintenance, but it's kind of endearing lol. She's a beast when it comes to feeding time. She attacks the pinheads right away, and then sort of somersaults around with it, usually ending up on the substrate and then drags it up to the roof to enjoy her meal. So far she hasn't made any webbing at all, and isn't looking to be in heavy pre-moult.

Jimmy is so totally laid back...already a pet rock lol. He runs from the pinheads if they are moving, but then will scamper over to them once they stop moving and then will attack and feed. He had just moulted a day or two before we got him, and he's made his moult a part of his little enclosure, so I've left it in there with him. He's a wee bit skittish with movement, but mostly he's just a totally relaxed little thing. Caden is absolutely enamoured by him as well. I'm so glad he finally got his smith :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dinner time is always fun! I always, was a sucker for cricket carnage, but they all make it entertaining :)

Caught our little versi, Jolie, grooming up a storm last night which was also pretty cool since she doesn't really do much when she's not acrobating around with crickets in her mouth lol.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pretty sure we Chaos is going to moult again soon. She's started amping up the dirt curtain construction, and her colours are definitely faded. She always gains so much size each moult...she's going to be an orange monster in no time!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pretty sure we Chaos is going to moult again soon. She's started amping up the dirt curtain construction, and her colours are definitely faded. She always gains so much size each moult...she's going to be an orange monster in no time!
Good luck with the orange monster moult. I don't suppose you will be able to get any pics if she has the usual orange bitey Web.

laura916

3 Year Member
this made me lol--
"Noelle had been digging up a storm inside of her hide, and had webbed up her precious bottle cap inside of her hide as well. She was spending most of her time hidden away, not even coming out for feeding times, but waiting for the crickets to wander in. She's taken to moving out the bolus' to a spot on the far side of the tank, which makes for quick clean ups. She wasn't even coming out to charge me when I was taking out the bolus or filling the dish etc. Now, she's decided to not use her hide at all anymore, and just hangs out near her new water dish, and proceeds to throw tantrums when I fill up the water bowl lol."

haha