• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Slings 101

RobnBig

3 Year Member
I have no maturnal instincts and I'm getting babies here in the next couple weeks.It needs to warm up a bit for a few day trip. I'm getting a Giant White Knee and a Green Bottle Blue from Toogledoo here on the forum. Can I get a quick rundown from some experts please. What is the basic (I hope) process?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
rundown as in care?
GBB are a dry species, Genics like it a bit nore humid. But slings in general likesome humidity.
keep em in a deli cup and give em a spray once a week, feed em one prey item at a time once a week. and that's about it.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
rundown as in care?
GBB are a dry species, Genics like it a bit nore humid. But slings in general likesome humidity.
keep em in a deli cup and give em a spray once a week, feed em one prey item at a time once a week. and that's about it.

So once a week is better than two? Almost everywhere I've read says to feed twice a week. Is it just so you can hold a schedule when feeding, or a preference thing? Would it be considered power feeding if you were to feed em twice a week?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
your not gonna hurt it by feeding twice. but it's not nessasary. Nothing in my collection eats more than 1 roach a week, the only exception being females I'm fattening up for mating, and males that I'm trying to rush to maturity.

Latest posts