• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling enclosures

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Trading card enclosures -been thinking about these for a while. Finally ordered five of them.
Rough measurements are slightly less then 3X4X2 inches. Plenty of space for the smaller guys. Ten bucks shipped for five of them.
image.png

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Scoolman, been thinking about it for a while and saw one at the flea market so got a better idea of size. Price is right as well. :)

Telson

3 Year Member
Hmm, haven't seen those. Perfect for baby scorps too..where did you order those from Kymura?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just poke a few tiny holes on the top I'm guessing?
Going to use my soldering iron on them and make a bit of cross ventilation. Doing three up for terrestrial and a couple for arboreal. Figure I can reuse them so I'm hoping they will be good for a long while :)

Mikebabs

3 Year Member
I have a pretty large collection of baseball/football cards so I'm sure I have a few of these cases lying around. Thanks for the idea! I can now put them to use.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine aren't here yet but I'll post images of them done. Do the same please!
Thought about drilling but they are thin and I don't want to crack them. So I'm melting my holes then running them through the dishwasher.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Drilling would be fine. Use a metal working drill bit (woodworking bits are usually more dull and tend to splinter/crack plastic and acryllic) Put a block of wood inside to drill against and watch your fingers ;) My concern with these is that clasp. In my experience after a few uses they don't hold anymore. Hopefully these are better quality than what i used years ago for my card collections.

I'm excited to see what you do with these and how that clasp holds up.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not honestly sure the clasp will hold up. Small matter to glue a mini hasp on there tho is where my mind went with that. Checked around they'll run me.just over a dollar each for them.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not honestly sure the clasp will hold up. Small matter to glue a mini hasp on there tho is where my mind went with that. Checked around they'll run me.just over a dollar each for them.
Great idea! should be easy to cut/grind the plastic clasp off with a dremel or knife and emery board.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpeg
Well two came broken. No surprise box was crushed. Went ahead and made up one for my Nhandu chromatus though :)
Ghoul seems to like it so far :) ignore the messy desk, just made it and took the pictures.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

Latest posts