• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

should enclosure be cooler at night?

jex.07

I have an adult curly hair that I've had for only a week or so, he's in a 10 gal that sits around 78 degrees usually. where I live his tank drops to around 55-60 degrees at night and I am wondering if I should get a red light heat lamp to keep it warmer or is it okay for it to be colder at night? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am a very beginner keeper and am unaware if this is a problem or not. Thank you!

Sugar Wolf

Not too sure on this one as I have never let my temps get that low before not even overnight I keep a radiator heater or space heater in the room with my T's so they stay at a good temp even overnight (During winter months that is) I'm sure there is someone here that can answer your question... For the heat lamp idea you definitely don't want to use a heat lamp on the enclosure it can overheat and kill your T I would use a heater such as I mentioned above or get a heat mat.

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am a person that is always ALWAYS hot no matter what so my home stays cooler. I'd say if you're comfy they are too. But I would try to keep the heat somewhat steady with only a slight flux from day to night.

Latest posts