• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shining lights in the enclosures….

ryanm7277

You ever notice some Ts have no interest, while others will scurry away into hiding. Then others walk towards the light? What the deal with that? Are they intrigue? Do they want sunlight? Do they want to eat it?

You have a ton of extra time on your hands apparently. Why don't you experiment and let us all know your findings. They freaking hate light. Red seems to be the only spectrum that they do react to or mind. Ultra Violet is deadly.
There is so many post on so many platforms I honestly don't understand your repeating posts over basic care and supposably buying spider's every day.
I realize I come off harsh but seriously you need to do a lot and I mean a lot of seriously reading up. Get the reading part.
Brother,no one can on here or anywhere else can ever give you 100% solid information on most questions.

My house,where I live,ect ect is so broad. Lights,lol. Well if you have a spider in a full bio enclosure your gonna have to have lighting for the plants. I keep a red light over certain enclosures at night so I can see them when I feed which is super early in the morning.

I use white in the day set on a timer for my bio enclosures. It's light, vibration, air movement. It's hard to pin down exactly what will make one spook beyond the obvious. I also use a cardboard backing and they every single one always without fail gravitate to the deepest darkest spot

In Short LMAO! They do not like light other than red.<<<<< That being said from my own personal experience and a ton of other keepers that I ve read on.