• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Setting up a home for an arboreal species

Spookybipples

3 Year Member
Alright, so I've been working on my enclosure for an arboreal species (I'm not sure which yet, I was thinking a pink toe).
I was looking for advice on what I should add or what else I need to do. I have a hygrometer in there and a heating pad on the left side. All of the plants and soils are organic, so I don't have to worry much about pesticides. I'm going to use a screen top, but I was wondering if maybe I should install a small fan to increase ventilation? Or is that over kill?
Also, will the amount of plants I have cause problems for the spider?
I have another tarantula but he's a little desert species, and I'm looking to go a little bigger and fancier. Something nice for display :) thanks for an advice you can provide!

1509213_10202358626579924_88579852_n.jpg

Spidro

3 Year Member
That is one killer setup you got there. Im by no means an expert, but id say what uve got there should suffice. Ive heard real plants attract mites etc. But doesnt look like you have overkill. Only problem ive ever had with wire meshing is with my adult T and hes big, 7-8 inch legspan id guess (havent had a molt for official measure yet). His claws, or whatever u may call them, used to get stuck in the mesh. Should be fine with a smaller T.

On a side note I just picked up a juvenile pink toe 2 days ago, compared to my haitian shes crazy active in her home. Also let her crawl on my arm when I first got her out of the pet shop container, no problems. And theyre just so damn cute :)

Best of luck to ya, hopefully a more seasoned terantula keeper gets to answering more of ur questions. Cheers! \m/

Spidro

3 Year Member
I was caught up between a red knee and the pink toe, I think im very happy with my pink toe :) Pretty awesome u think so too, half the chicks I know wont even look at pictures, lol! Spiders have such a bad rep for some reason (n).

Spookybipples

3 Year Member
Show any girl any species of jumping spider and I ****in dare them not to squee! Plus, they're so soft and delicate. Most ladies could identify with that, I think.
In the end, girls are weird. Cuz spideys are definitely girly.

Spidro

3 Year Member
But jumping spiders are also so ****ing awesome. So what if they can teleport like a magician lol. And Huh, never thought of it that way, certainly makes a whole lotta sense. But, id argue, some species arent that girly, my haitian for example, can be pretty viscious lol. Well unless he ends up molting purple... then point well proven hahaha. \m/

Spidro

3 Year Member
Well, I had the idea in mind that even though theyre beautiful, they can whip around in an instant and bite u till ur sick, which is certainly relatable to a woman. But, I did not want to be offensive ; P So yes, right again haha.

Spidro

3 Year Member
Jesus, this is your thread and yet youve taught me so much more about tarantulas than what knowledge I think I gave you \m/

Latest posts