• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Seen a big black widow today

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
my inlaws bought a new home in San tan valley, as i was checking out there pad, i seen a large female black widow, i was inclined to catch it, and put it in a cage, then thought, with my luck i would get a good bite, and thought better of it, i was amazed of the beauty of her. anyone keep this type of spider?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've kept quite a few. Suprisingly they're actually quite docile spiders. (I'm not suggesting anyone handle theirs) They make for fascinating pets. but considering that they're captive bred and dirt cheap, I'd leave the wild ones in the wild.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was looking at one site that had eastern black widows for like 5-8 bucks (I don't remember exactly, as I have been looking at a TON of slings lately).

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And I have relocated quite a few and have never had one act too aggressively even after multiple failed attempts to get her in the vial, lol.

Latest posts