• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rose is a Redgie

Antsman

3 Year Member
I had my Grammostola porteri Sexed and he turned out to be a male. He was 3" when I got him and I've had him for 6 months, he's about 3 1/2" now. So safe to say he's about 2 1/2 years old? Males of this species life span is about 5 years correct?

full

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
I have a mature male who has been mature for about 4.5 years, and he took about 3 years to mature, so they can live longer than you think.

As for size and age, the two do not correlate perfectly. If fed well in a warmer climate, a T will grow faster. I have a female G pulchra who is a year younger than her future date, but she is now just barely larger than him because I warmed her up and fed her more while cooling off the male and feeding him less. She grew faster as a result and will hopefully be mature when he matures so I can mate them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Antsman

3 Year Member
I have a mature male who has been mature for about 4.5 years, and he took about 3 years to mature, so they can live longer than you think.

As for size and age, the two do not correlate perfectly. If fed well in a warmer climate, a T will grow faster. I have a female G pulchra who is a year younger than her future date, but she is now just barely larger than him because I warmed her up and fed her more while cooling off the male and feeding him less. She grew faster as a result and will hopefully be mature when he matures so I can mate them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Okay thank you. I thought I might not have him for very long but 7 years is quite some time.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Okay thank you. I thought I might not have him for very long but 7 years is quite some time.
I had a MM porteri for two years past his ultimate molt. Then my female ate him. He still looked lively, unlike the MM Lp. I bred last year. Hes looking like he's on the way out..but he got to do his job first ;) He seems very calm now :D

Latest posts