• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rehousing gone wrong?

Dyron.s

Dear fellow tarantula lovers,

Recently I rehoused my L.Striatipes into a new and bigger enclosure, and I put my Brachypelma Albiceps in her old enclosure. It has been a day or 4 now since the rehousing and I noticed the T’s are barely moving/not wanting to touch the ground.
The substrate is a new try for me, I mixed coco fibre with tropical substrate, made sure it wasn’t too wet before I put it in the enclosures. I wonder what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_1822.jpeg
    IMG_1822.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1821.jpeg
    IMG_1821.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Give it time.

The Lasidora should like it's substrate moister than the Brachy.

It is far from unusual for T's to take some time for a T to get used to it's new enclosure substrate etc. And what we think is dry a T may choose to disagree with.

GarField000

3 Year Member
I always leave the enclosure open to let it dry for a week or so.
But every time I rehouse one it it they stay off the ground for several days .....
It takes some time for them ..... so no worries.

GarField000

3 Year Member
lol..... I was thinking, man GarField000 has some seriously well behaved Tarantulas
I wish they where :).
I once had an escape of one off my A.variegata ... They are in those 20x20x30 with these stupid drop doors. So if you want to feed something above the cork tube you have to open the enclosure fully .....
So I took it off the shelf, opened it up and right when I went in with the feeder it jumped out and ran off :D.
I had the same thing hapening with feeding a H.colombia big.

That is one off the reasons they are in their 'own' room. There is nothing on the floor besides the heater and the table/chair. They can't go anywhere but stay in the room. I closed off the part under the door as well.
So I can just be patient till it stops running and cup it and put it back.

Latest posts