• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rehoused the beast

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I rehoused my Theraposa stirmi today. He's a immature male named Hannibal. I think he's somewhere between 7.5"-8". Last molt he was almost 7" unfortunately this current molt he ripped it to shreds. The tank he was in was a 30"×12"×12" glass tank. The substrate would have to be changed periodically because it would get stagnant. I don't like to put such a eye gazing spider in a plastic tub to achieve the required ventilation so I kicked out some money on the new one. The new tank is a 36"×18"×12" exo terra.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
He didn’t look very happy with you. Nice looking enclosure though.

As an aside, as always I enjoyed the Slayer. Going to see them in June. Last chance so I couldn’t pass it up.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks...Slayer totally ditched Oregon, Washington, and Idaho on the tour. Hopefully they add some dates or I'm going to have to go to Canada or drive 18 hours to Cali. I've seen them dozens of times over the years...my favorite was in 1983 with King diamond at The starry night in Portland(a small club venue). @Metalman2004

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Thanks...Slayer totally ditched Oregon, Washington, and Idaho on the tour. Hopefully they add some dates or I'm going to have to go to Canada or drive 18 hours to Cali. I've seen them dozens of times over the years...my favorite was in 1983 with King diamond at The starry night in Portland(a small club venue). @Metalman2004

Oh man thats awesome! I wasn’t born then, otherwise it sounds right up my alley! Sucks they snubbed you on their last time around though.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I like the new cave, looks good. I started adding big rocks to my enclosures a few years ago. The spiders seem to love them. They web them up and like to sit on top of them.
That cave is huge...a 10" spider could flip around in that thing with no problems. He could barely move on his old hide. My Gbb just molted and im going to rehouse her soon...i used alot of rock in her enclosure. It makes it look more natural.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice indeed. Of course, I'd never let my cat anywhere near a rehousing or unpacking. Dogs are different obviously. Some of the Australian ones are 100% lethal to canines however.

Latest posts