• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rehoused a few more today

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I got enough substrate soaked and dried to allow me to rehouse a few this afternoon.

Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan, Tahm
DSCF2935.JPG

Nhandu chromatus, Zingu. It wasn't keen on being nudged by the brush and kicked hairs at me when I tried to fill the water bowl
DSCF2936.JPG

DSCF2937.JPG

Their new terrariums
DSCF2945 (2).JPG

Chilobrachys huahini, Musini. This one did give me the run around, almost escaped twice.
DSCF2939.JPG

Brachypelma emilia, Chiquito
DSCF2940.JPG

Nhandu chromatus, Tupi
DSCF2942.JPG

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is that a big deal in some places?

Of course, you could always mention hybridizing to really make them scream. (Not saying it's a good idea myself)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is that a big deal in some places?

Of course, you could always mention hybridizing to really make them scream. (Not saying it's a good idea myself)

There are a lot of people on here who adore Genics. Hybrids are a definite no-no :D

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree. The genics and brocks are now considered one in the same today. It was either them or the Klugi, wish I could do both but I haven't the resources.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
True enough.

The next one is probably going to be a P Striata sling once I get the enclosure set up. Jamie's tarantulas has some at her site which I checked a few days ago.

That way I'll have one terrestrial and one arboreal from the old and new world, which is a small but well rounded collection.

I already have an enclosure which opens from the top, built like a tank which would be great for any arboreal sling. I just have to get the decorations and a hide for the inside. I'll put that stuff onto a piece of flat wood which will drop in as one piece for stability. I just have to build it.

Of course, Jamie's also has enclosures for whatever they sell as well.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like jamies enclosure except for the sling and juvi arboreal enclosures. they suck. all the other are great though.

Latest posts