• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

rehoming slings/changing substrate?

Olivia Watts

3 Year Member
hello!! i haven't posted in a while!!! but i'm thinking that sir legsalot might be due for a new home. i attached a recent picture of him munching on a cricket, he's grown quite a bit! i'm wondering when/if i should re-home him, and also when/if/how to change the substrate so that it's fresh for him. any good resources/guides someone could share with me? thanks all!!

:)

Attachments

• IMG_3395.PNG
    IMG_3395.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

Olivia Watts

3 Year Member
also, for the last week or two he's been piling all the substrate into the center of his little cup, which makes me wonder if he's stressed out? what can i do to make him more happy? i want to be the best tarantula mom i can be!

Olivia Watts

3 Year Member
Also, on the subject of changing substrate, don't worry, spot maintenance is the way to go... They don't appreciate their homes being disturbed, ever lol! It's necessary when rehousing/upgrading but other than that I think experienced keepers in the hobby are of the consensus that an adult can easily live without a sub change for years...

awesome! thank you:) i'm gonna find a new home for him this week:)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
awesome! thank you:) i'm gonna find a new home for him this week:)
welcome back! :) what size is he now? I always rehouse them into something with a width at least twice their leg span, 3 times the span if possible. That way they have plenty of room to grow before you have to rehouse them again.

Latest posts