• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Redecorating!

Megan Wright

3 Year Member
Hey everybody! So I just got into the hobby a few weeks ago with my dream beginner T, a G. pulchripes. I've always thought they looked great and loved their overarching theme of gentle giant, so when the opportunity arose, I had to get her. For a while she was pretty cautious but just last weekend, she decided she's here to stay and redecorated her enclosure! It was so cool to see what she'd done over night and to watch her continue all day, she was quite the busy girl! She got a much deserved Dubia after all her work, she moved a ton of substrate! So proud of my girl:) now her enclosure looks way cooler than anything I could have done! Just felt like sharing, Ts are so cool! I included a picture of her showing off the finished product (and the water bowl she so proudly knocked over). You can see that she dug straight down into one of the corners. What you can't see is she went all the way along the bottom left and up the other side, making a circular path and using her cork bark as a roof over her path. I love watching her run it, it's like she made a tiny race track!

Attachments

• IMG_20151103_174542133.jpg
    IMG_20151103_174542133.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 49

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Hey everybody! So I just got into the hobby a few weeks ago with my dream beginner T, a G. pulchripes. I've always thought they looked great and loved their overarching theme of gentle giant, so when the opportunity arose, I had to get her. For a while she was pretty cautious but just last weekend, she decided she's here to stay and redecorated her enclosure! It was so cool to see what she'd done over night and to watch her continue all day, she was quite the busy girl! She got a much deserved Dubia after all her work, she moved a ton of substrate! So proud of my girl:) now her enclosure looks way cooler than anything I could have done! Just felt like sharing, Ts are so cool! I included a picture of her showing off the finished product (and the water bowl she so proudly knocked over). You can see that she dug straight down into one of the corners. What you can't see is she went all the way along the bottom left and up the other side, making a circular path and using her cork bark as a roof over her path. I love watching her run it, it's like she made a tiny race track!

Congrats on your first T! Got any photos of before her restoration? Lol

Megan Wright

3 Year Member
Soo awesome! My Aponopelma seemani does the whole rearrange everything routine whenever I do cage maintenance lol
I had heard that Ts liked to rearrange but since she hadn't even tried digging for weeks I was worried I bought a pet rock. But overnight she decided she was ready! It was really fascinating to watch how she excavated her track, so methodical. She was like a little machine! An adorable one, that is :) Now that she's done, she seems to be really into running the track, it's so fun to watch! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy, crouching over her enclosure and watching. But I'll win him over with time, haha

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine surprised me, at 2 1/2 inches he webs like a GBB..I've never heard that pulchripes do that, but mine does. He's also the only tarantula I posses that actively tries to bite me at every opportunity..never seen a spider so aggressive. Highly suspect male, which is also strange, as every other male I've had was docile and tolerant of me. He has a strong feeding response, but it's not a feeding response when he threat poses and chases my hand around trying to bite. I like him a lot. :D

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine surprised me, at 2 1/2 inches he webs like a GBB..I've never heard that pulchripes do that, but mine does. He's also the only tarantula I posses that actively tries to bite me at every opportunity..never seen a spider so aggressive. Highly suspect male, which is also strange, as every other male I've had was docile and tolerant of me. He has a strong feeding response, but it's not a feeding response when he threat poses and chases my hand around trying to bite. I like him a lot. :D
That sound like a GBB in a Chaco body....lol maybe they had the slings in with the wrong mommy for a while. lol.

Megan Wright

3 Year Member
I haven't seen my girl do much webbing yet, really. Only time I saw it was while she was tearing everything apart. Since then, she has been very pleased with herself, strutting around her enclosure. I have seen so much more personality out of her since she moved everything around, it's very interesting. Temperament wise, she is like the stereotypical Chaco, but she is young so who knows, that could change. She is a delight, regardless:)

Latest posts