• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rainbow collection

x_raphael_xx

I saw somewhere (might have been on this site) that someone was talking about owning a T every colour of the rainbow.
I like this idea and I think it would be fun to add to my wishlist T's which will fit the theme.

I currently have an OBT RCF, so orange is sorted.
I have a gbb for blue, although I have a P.sazimai on my wishlist that may be more fitting.
On my wishlist for yellow - H.pulchripes. For purple - P.machala.
Anyone have suggestions for the missing colours? Or something that would be better?

:D

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You could have a purple bloom, Pamphobeteus platyomma for Indigo, but get a male, as the females are not as colourful. Red, really needs to be one of the Brachy's with red knees. And Chilobrachys fimbriatus, Indian violet.

x_raphael_xx

The platyomma is stunning, and the patterning on the fimbriatus... *chefs kiss*.

I do have a hamorii, although being so young shes a little more orange the red at the moment :D

timc

3 Year Member
There’s some interesting choices for green, such as P. rufilata, P. cambrigei, A. aurantiaca, N. incei, but these are mostly dark forest greens and olives. If you want a real bright green that pops you need Phormictopus sp. full green. You will also need to redo your budget for that month because those babies are pricey lol

x_raphael_xx

There’s some interesting choices for green, such as P. rufilata, P. cambrigei, A. aurantiaca, N. incei, but these are mostly dark forest greens and olives. If you want a real bright green that pops you need Phormictopus sp. full green. You will also need to redo your budget for that month because those babies are pricey lol
Ooooh that's pretty! I do have a rufilata on my wish list, so that may have to do until I can save up the pennies.
I already have a p.solaris on my wishlist that is £300 for 5-6cm :D