• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

R.I.P. Moe

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Moe, my MM B. albo, died this morning.

For the last couple days he's been really sluggish. Last night he wouldn't move more than his leg when gently prodded with a brush. This morning he was laying flat on the substrate, not in a full death curl but his toes were all turned in like he's was starting one.

Tried to get movement with a brush and he felt stiff, but he twitched.

He's now with the spider harem? Or maybe that's hell for a male since they get eaten?

Pic I took late last night, I was going to make a post he was passing on but I'm a little late :(

Bye Moe!
0fccac3300a07e0d27eec878194fcd7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
RIP Moe :(. I'm so sorry, it always hard to lose one even when it's an MM and expected.

May I ask how long he lived after maturing as I have one that matured in December?

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Very sorry kormath, always sad no matter what, male or female. Atleast he got to mature out. Always helps to know they lived a good full life.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah I'm sad cause he was one of my favs, but not so much cause I wad expecting him to pass, just not so soon.

@Enn49 his mature molt was April 4, so 2 months and change. I thought it was longer ago. He ate once since he molted. Most times he would run away or slap at the roaches.

Now it makes me wonder, since it was a short time from his molt, if this wasn't a natural death.

Looking at the carcass I don't see anything indicating parasites or infections, nothing around the mouth, or on the body that does th look right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@kormath I would imagine it was natural, my Omothymus schioedtei died only 2 months after maturing. It seems to vary from T to T rather than species. My B. albo is still feeding although not as much as he was..

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So sorry Kormath. He sure was a beautiful T. I've seen your list of RIPs. You have suffered some loss over the years. I know it is not much help, but I bet they all lived kingly in your care.