• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quick question

jduwaik

My grammostola pulchra is still refusing to eat and hasn't molten yet. She/he was in there hide last night where I thought she was gonna molt but when I woke up this morning she was in defense mode and she now tried to attack something but I'm not sure what.

What should I do, is there something I should be trying to do. This is my first spider ever and I'm not sure why they are acting like this.

Attachments

• 158127.jpeg
    158127.jpeg
    548.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 158281.jpeg
    158281.jpeg
    589.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 17076962643081144385908832359011.jpg
    17076962643081144385908832359011.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 14

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just make sure there is water available at all times and try feeding once a week and I'm sure things will be fine.
Tarantulas do things that seem odd to us and often worry us but they usually know what they're doing.

jduwaik

Okay thank you. I have been trying to feed she/he and it's been a month since she/he has eaten. I'm not to sure on why.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm not to sure on why.

Think of feeding as being similar to climbing Mount Everest. George Mallory, one of the first British men to attempt to climb Everest, once said the reason he climbed Everest was. "Because it's there."

Think of tarantulas as refusing food because they can & don't start to worry about the refused food until around a year.

jduwaik

Think of feeding as being similar to climbing Mount Everest. George Mallory, one of the first British men to attempt to climb Everest, once said the reason he climbed Everest was. "Because it's there."

Think of tarantulas as refusing food because they can & don't start to worry about the refused food until around a year.
Thank you

Latest posts