• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question Regarding Feeding Slings

smudger

3 Year Member
Hi all,
As you already know that most slings tend to burrow, but how do you make sure there getting feed properly?
Do you dig them out then feed them or do you just throw food in and hope they get it?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just drop the food in and leave it, if it's still their next day remove it. Digging them out would stress them too much.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If it makes you feel better, what I do for my slings is crush the cricket's head so it still twitches and leave it by the spider's door. most of the time they will get it. and if they are in a molt process or something, you don't have to worry about the cricket hurting the spiderling.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i only "dig" up one of my Ts after every couple months. The H. triseriatus is a box of dirt, i've never seen it unless I've dug it up to make sure it's not dead. And when i say dig it up, what really happens is i lift the web covered in substrate it's got covering 95% of the substrate.

Anyone want a Lemon Patch? :p

All of my other slings will open their burrows when they're ready to feed. some take a few weeks or a month. but those i can verify are alive cause they're always piling up new burrow tailings somewhere or they've burrowed against the side of the enclosure so i can see them ;)

Latest posts