• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quandary

Help me choose.

• Exotic Pets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tarantulas Bristol

• spidersonline.pl

• Total voters

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A little background. This month I have my daughter, 2 grandsons and my best friend all celebrating their birthdays and all to buy presents for.
I had planned on buying a few Ts from spidersonline.pl but my list grew and then today I spotted some other Ts I'd like to get on a couple of UK sites. Now I'm torn between the sensible thing, just buy the one and have a month without too much worry about cash or splash out and suffer all through May.

My choices are:-
Exotic pets
Phlogiellus sp. Karon 2cm leg span £9.00 + £9 = £18 I had one last year but it got DLS an died within 6 hours of arriving.

Tarantulas Bristol
Harmonicon oiapoqueae 2cm £14
Euathlus Pulcherimaklaasi 1cm £13
Total £27+ £6.99 = £33.99

spidersonline.pl

Ceratogyrus sanderi L2/3 (1,5cm) £2.08
Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi 'blue' L1 (1cm) £9.38
Lyrognathus giannisposatoi L3/4 (2,5-3cm) £12.50
Omothymus violaceopes L1 (2cm)£7.29
Total £31.25 + £7.81 = £39.06

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OK. First things first, Enn49. Me giving you advice is like the Grinch giving Santa Claus a lesson on Christmas spirit.
But.....I'm stupid, so I'll give it a go.

You have 7 awesome spiders that you'd like to get.
Poland's spiders are ridicuously cheap.
I'm assuming that your daughter, 2 grandsons, and best friend do not want Ts for their birthday. (I know, doesn't make any sense to me either).
Ergo, you need some cash AND some T's.

How about getting 4 Ts on spidersonline. That way, you get the majority of the Ts you want (you have splurged for yourself) and you can be the great family woman that I know you are.

Of course, I don''t know ****. I have only been keeping Ts for 8 months. :p

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
OK. First things first, Enn49. Me giving you advice is like the Grinch giving Santa Claus a lesson on Christmas spirit.
But.....I'm stupid, so I'll give it a go.

You have 7 awesome spiders that you'd like to get.
Poland's spiders are ridicuously cheap.
I'm assuming that your daughter, 2 grandsons, and best friend do not want Ts for their birthday. (I know, doesn't make any sense to me either).
Ergo, you need some cash AND some T's.

How about getting 4 Ts on spidersonline. That way, you get the majority of the Ts you want (you have splurged for yourself) and you can be the great family woman that I know you are.

Of course, I don''t know ****. I have only been keeping Ts for 8 months. :p

Nothing stupid about it at all :)

Wouldn't it be so easy if spidersonline.pl had all 6 (one is available on 2 sites)? That's one of my problems there is 1 from each seller that I really, really want.:rolleyes::D

Lee. M

3 Year Member
Enn, you're not really asking for help deciding; you're asking for validation.
How about ordering from one supplier each week, and see how you go? That way you get three lots of exciting deliveries, and can see how you go through the month.

Alternatively, dooooo iiiiiit!!!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My dilemma has just been made easier as, after more research, the Harmonicon oiapoqueae is in fact a spider not a tarantula so I'm scrapping the TB order.
I will definitely get the Phlogiellus sp. Karon next week and the see if I can get the Polish ones later.

Latest posts