• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Psalmopoeus irminia (Venezuelan Suntiger)

RedrockTarantulas

Here is one of my Suntigers , I have noticed even as slings they have a voracious appetite and are very active, what are your experiences with the species??
20210918_180006.jpg

x_raphael_xx

Mines still a baby, it's not got its adult colours yet.
I got it 3/4 weeks ago, and I've only ever seen it's toe tips.
It's eaten a couple of times and then walled itself up in its webbing and not come out since. The only evidence I have it's still in it's enclosure is poop on the sides that appears over night.
I assume its in premolt, I haven't seen it for a couple of weeks!

RedrockTarantulas

Mines still a baby, it's not got its adult colours yet.
I got it 3/4 weeks ago, and I've only ever seen it's toe tips.
It's eaten a couple of times and then walled itself up in its webbing and not come out since. The only evidence I have it's still in it's enclosure is poop on the sides that appears over night.
I assume its in premolt, I haven't seen it for a couple of weeks!
Definitely sounds like it is getting ready to molt!! Mine is just crazy I suppose

HeavyFuel

I dont think it's anything to worry about but I have had Psalmopoeus irminia just over a month now. I thought they were heavy webbers. So I have put in some anchor points and a vertical hide.
He never uses the hide, which I don't mind cause he is out most of the time but he doesn't seem to be webbing anything up. Is there anything I am missing?

x_raphael_xx

I dont think it's anything to worry about but I have had Psalmopoeus irminia just over a month now. I thought they were heavy webbers. So I have put in some anchor points and a vertical hide.
He never uses the hide, which I don't mind cause he is out most of the time but he doesn't seem to be webbing anything up. Is there anything I am missing?
Mine just made a tube of web and dirt behind the corkbark, nothing else.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Male irminia basically make for curtain hides. Female irminia male burrows reinforced with webbing and dirt/web entrances. In my experience and I have 9 of them