• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Prorep spider life substrate

Parrantula

3 Year Member
Has anyone used this spider life substrate from prorep. I'm in the UK not sure if it's available elsewhere? Any info welcome.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I used it a few years ago. It's ok for big Ts but some of the bits are too big for slings and smaller Ts. I just use coco fibre now.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use it for all of mine now. Most Ts web as they burrow which holds the substrate together.

This is what one of my tiny slings has achieved
DSCF3175 (2).JPG

Calico

3 Year Member
Is coco fibre ok on its own for all species? Ive heard it won't hold up to burrow makers?

I only use coco fiber for my A.Chalcodes and he has a burrow under a flat rock. I keep worrying that the rock will fall on him but it is so web mixed in it's probably stronger than cement!

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
Personally, I think it is garbage.

It is prone to mould and fungus growth. It is expensive too. Better off just buying topsoil from Wilko.

Parrantula

3 Year Member
I only use coco fiber for my A.Chalcodes and he has a burrow under a flat rock. I keep worrying that the rock will fall on him but it is so web mixed in it's probably stronger than cement!
I use bought hides at present but I'm gonna make a sort of starter burrow under piece of cork bark when I change substrate

Calico

3 Year Member
I use bought hides at present but I'm gonna make a sort of starter burrow under piece of cork bark when I change substrate

I have a hide but he's never really been interested in it. Just dug under his water dish. Had to put the flat rock in and put his dish on it so I could easily take out and clean without disrupting his burrow.

Latest posts