• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Proper feeding for a rose hair

rabbit

3 Year Member
So I've heard a lot of double standards. Some people told me to feed my rose hair tarantula crickets, others mealworms. Which is better for her? Also, what's the best way for me to feed the crickets to her without having the crickets jumping out and getting loose?

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Crickets will bite and harm the tarantula if left in the enclosure. If it doesn't eat it within 1hr i recommend removing the cricket. Worms have more nutrition and won't bite. Roaches are the same way harmless to the T and do nto stink like crickets do. also they wont turn into beetles like the worms

my priority for feeding
Roach
Worm
Cricket

rabbit

3 Year Member
Also my t is less than a year old so would she be able to break down the roaches and worms as easily as she would the crickets?

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
what do you mean by break down? they turn all the insides into a bug shake. Only deciding factor is fangs and penetration. and 1yr should be more than able to handle all 3.

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Roaches are like giving the T 4-5 crickets.
Worms are about the same and very fatty if you go worms mix it up a bit, they can make your T obese. variety is good

So primarily Roaches occasionally worms for a treat or if you are bulking up a female before breeding. Crickets are okay as well just keep eye on them.