• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pokies from spidersworld.eu

Marija

3 Year Member
Since I got myself a P formosa I fell in love with pokies so I ordered four slings from spidersworld.eu
The pokies were shipped on Monday, and arrived to Croatia today morning.
Since it took them almost 5 days to arrive I was worried that they might not all arrive in perfect shape but I was wrong :) the pokies are more than fine and looking lovely.
No trouble transferring them, they all behaved very well, real sweeties.

P vitatta named Emma (by my little sister)
IMG_4748.JPG

P striata named Petra
IMG_4751.JPG

P rufilata named Rufie (the smallest but the sweetest one)
IMG_4753.JPG

and P ornata named Hissy
IMG_4766.JPG

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't want to sound like an old man, but be careful Marija. I had a versicolor sling bite me twice. It itched. If one of those little pokies bites you, its not gonna itch..lol. They're probably a little stunned by being in the mail for five days, hence the easy handling and transfers...Once they settle and build web tunnels though..careful;)

Marija

3 Year Member
I don't want to sound like an old man, but be careful Marija. I had a versicolor sling bite me twice. It itched. If one of those little pokies bites you, its not gonna itch..lol. They're probably a little stunned by being in the mail for five days, hence the easy handling and transfers...Once they settle and build web tunnels though..careful;)
I know ;) I just couldn't help myself lol

Marija

3 Year Member
Totally understandable. I just bought my second adult female T stirmi from @Metalman2004 and handled her out of the box. True, she's new world, but a bite would not have been pleasant. I just..had to. Then he sent me a pic of her throwing a threat pose, lmao.
I would probaby handled the T stirmi also :D but the fangs on those are huge. I know I shouldn't handle my Ts but I love the feeling of it, starting to think it has become a fetish lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some great additions @Marija I have 3 tyoes atm, P. Bara, P metallica (x2), P ornata (x2) just received the ornata today. P. Ornata were part of an order that also included Euthlas sp. Blue, Grammostola pulchripes (x4) from the spidershop in the UK that arrived today. All in great condition.

Marija

3 Year Member
Some great additions @Marija I have 3 tyoes atm, P. Bara, P metallica (x2), P ornata (x2) just received the ornata today. P. Ornata were part of an order that also included Euthlas sp. Blue, Grammostola pulchripes (x4) from the spidershop in the UK that arrived today. All in great condition.
I know you have a great collection. Hope to have it someday too :) one T at the time, or four lol
Also congrats on your new aditions!

Last edited:

Marija

3 Year Member
very jealous! I love the poecilotheria.. theres just something special about them.. and the one I want next is the ornata!
There is something about them, yes. I didn't think there was something special about them until I got one :)
Get yourself an ornata, you won't be sorry

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I would probaby handled the T stirmi also :D but the fangs on those are huge. I know I shouldn't handle my Ts but I love the feeling of it, starting to think it has become a fetish lol

I kept the molt just to be able to show off the fangs.

Edit: hmm it won't let me add the photo. I'll try again later.

Last edited:

Latest posts