• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help!

Liquid Ice

3 Year Member
Okay so I've had my Peruvian flame rump for two weeks now and shes been in pre molt. I have been spraying her tank every 2 days and putting her on the heat pad to increase humidity. Its not too wet but ant the same time its not bone dry. shes been refusing food. I dont know about water it always seems to be at the same level. She just sits in her hide to. its all webbed up and she has to webbing matted on the substrate as well.

Tguy

3 Year Member
i don't have one of those but if it's webbed up in it's hide just leave it be and keep the waterdish full Ts don't drink all the time but should always be there.. why the heatpad is your house cold ? got a pic ?my curly has been webbed in her burrow for 6+ weeks she always does this in premolt ...you just have to be patient they know what they are doing :)

Liquid Ice

3 Year Member
my beautiful girl

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 22

Atx13

3 Year Member
All normal behavior. 67 is a little on the cold side, but everything else sounds fine.
Good looking T by the way.

Liquid Ice

3 Year Member
hmm so i did some research on the Flame rump and found little to no information on the species. I read they can stay in premolt for up to a month :eek:. i think she just might be unsatisfied with the terrestrial set up i have her in. I remember my g rosea was stuck in premolt for a couple weeks and then when i changed the encloser she molted.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hmm so i did some research on the Flame rump and found little to no information on the species. I read they can stay in premolt for up to a month :eek:. i think she just might be unsatisfied with the terrestrial set up i have her in. I remember my g rosea was stuck in premolt for a couple weeks and then when i changed the encloser she molted.

they are semi arboreal, but of you're going to change her enclosure do it after she moults. Moving her in pre-moult can cause big problems. She will moult it will just take some time. I've seen Ts mould in a vial in transit.

Toogledoo

3 Year Member
A month of premolt isn't really too terrible. Some of my bigger slower growing females take longer than that to molt. Sometimes it's like, holy crap, is it ever going to molt! Give it some time and don't mess with it. :) Take pics when it emerges, it's going to be pretty!!

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
That's a pretty girl you have there. If that picture is recent, I'd say she isn't going to molt within the next week or so. I have had ts go into hiding for a few months without seeing them at all, then come out with the same old suit on. Who knows what they are up to :D

Latest posts