• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help my GBB

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
My gbb has been like this for like 2 weeks. I'm getting really worried. She has had her front 4 legs scrunched up to her face. She does walk around but like this and not far from this place. When before whenever I looked in her cage she was in a different place. Webbing or grooming. Nothing has changed in her enclosure. I do not think she Is stressed. Is it possible for a T to get stuck this way?
df6d208147aeea8b75376af5cf5ae0c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'll be honest I can't see anything wrong from that picture. It does look as though it has just moulted, fangs are light coloured and it looks like an old exo to the right.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantulas will sit for long periods of time. They do this in the wild to conserve energy as they don't know when their next meal is coming. Keep her fresh water in there. and offer her food once a week. if you think she might be ready to molt soon, crush the preys head first. She looks fine to me, her abdomen seems to be a good size, and she is not in a curl, just sitting. spiders just chill most of the time, and my advice to you is do the same.

Let us know if you need us!