• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink Toe Tarantula care questions!!

paydden

Hello, I have a question I just gotten this really pretty pink toed I never owned a turanchula before, they had a pinky at the pet store and I’m not sure how long ago but I got them Friday and it’s Friday again 8 days know or so not sure but he haven’t eaten, and staying on the top of there inclosure I put a bowl in there and dropped meal worms in front of them ik they can’t see see well but maybe they might go to the bowl to feed ? Or do pink toes not really like meal worms? Not sure that’s why I came here to see what you guys have options for me please and thank you also my apartment is in the 60s or so hopefully that’s not to cold for my little friend.

paydden

Hello, I have a question I just gotten this really pretty pink toed I never owned a turanchula before, they had a pinky at the pet store and I’m not sure how long ago but I got them Friday and it’s Friday again 8 days know or so not sure but he haven’t eaten, and staying on the top of there inclosure I put a bowl in there and dropped meal worms in front of them ik they can’t see see well but maybe they might go to the bowl to feed ? Or do pink toes not really like meal worms? Not sure that’s why I came here to see what you guys have options for me please and thank you also my apartment is in the 60s or so hopefully that’s not to cold for my little friend if so I’ll put more heating in my home to bring up the temperature,

mikeyexoticas

Hello fellow arachnid enthusiasts! I am new to the hobby and I just wanted to get a few questions answered before I get my Pink toe tarantula this week. My first question is that I live in Colorado and it gets quite cold here so my room gets cold. Much cooler than pink toe Ts thrive in. Would a small 25 Watt ceramic heater work to keep the cage warm during the winter. Question number 2. What is more important having good airflow or high humidity. I did buy a fogged for humidity but should I just do a water bowl instead. Or if I have a fogged do I even need a water bowl. Question 3. Should I keep a small cage for the feeder roaches so I don’t have to go to the reptile shops two to three times a week. Or should I just get roach food and a small cheap cage and every week go buy a few roaches. Thank you guys for answering my questions and welcoming me to the hobby
Hello, Please don't get your information solely from people in forums.
Try just Googling your species and that will be just fine.
Many people will give you misguided information. Such as how he said that the pink toe needs "Low" humidity.
This isn't true.
If you google one of the countries they are from you'll see they need to be between 65-85%

Now don't go over watering your Enclosure!
What you do is get you a tiny temperature/ humidity thing from Temu for $2 and this will tell you the temp& humidity.
You'll quickly notice with just a few squirts from a mist bottle will raise that humidity just right.

Do this maybe just once a week or maybe twice.
Just misting the walls.
Never the ground unless it's dry.
You never want to leave the substrate soggy.

It's always better to underwater than to over water.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Remember Avicularia are arboreal spending most of their time high up in the tree tops where there is a breeze therefore low humidity and very little time on the ground where humidity will be higher.