• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink toe new enclosure

Jlom86

Hi everyone,
So recently i got my pink toe a new enclosure (about a week ago) and right before I put her in I fed her. I fed her again about 1 day ago but she hasn't eaten because I see the crickets still roaming around. Even though they are pretty close to her she hasn't eaten. What do you think is going on? She hasn't molted since I've had her which has been about 1 month now.

She seems to have made a home in the top left area of the enclosure, the water bowl is at ground level but there really isn't a place to put it higher. I have been spraying the vegetation daily because I was told to by the person who created the enclosure for me. I don't know if maybe it is too moist? Also there is a lamp over the enclosure to support the vegetation but that doesn't seem to bother her much since she made her home at the top of the enclosure. It's only lit up for a few hours a day

Jlom86

20190404_164423.jpg
20190404_164344.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dry substrate is what you need. No need to spray at all. The water dish on the ground is perfect...they will come down to drink. Just overflow the water dish once a week and let it dry out.
As for eating...it may be a couple things.
1. It maybe still getting use to its enclosure.
2. It maybe in premolt.
3. It may be too moist and humid in its enclosure.
I would stop misting ASAP. If you can remove the crickets I'd do that. Try feeding again in a week or so.
Pinktoes can go long periods without eating so I wouldn't be too worried.
Make sure to keep water in its dish at all time.
Your setup looks great.

Jlom86

Dry substrate is what you need. No need to spray at all. The water dish on the ground is perfect...they will come down to drink. Just overflow the water dish once a week and let it dry out.
2. It maybe in premolt.
I would stop misting ASAP. If you can remove the crickets I'd do that. Try feeding again in a week or so.
Your setup looks

Thank you very much for the advice, much appreciated!

Tnoob

2. It maybe in premolt.
Your setup looks great.
Aren't pink toes one of those species that has those stupid long fasting cycles where they don't eat for a year or more?

Latest posts